Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Have We Changed?

I know I'm not alone today. I mean, really, who isn't thinking about the events of six years ago? When I realized what the date was today, it was the first thing that popped into my brain: ohmygod it's been six years since...

Well, that got me thinking. A lot. I went back and revisited Peg's entry of a year ago entitled "Why I Will Never Return To Corporate America". An incredible piece of writing that you should experience for yourself. She has re-posted it today--check it out. As I kept thinking about that day it brought back a lot of unsettling memories that I'm not going to elaborate on, mainly because it would likely be redundant. I mean, who among us isn't doing that? But the thing that keeps rushing to the forefront of my mind is this:

As a result of the events of September 11, 2001, are we really, as individuals, any different today than we were six years ago?

Am I different? Are my kids? Are you?

As I wrestle with my own answer to that question, I welcome your thoughts...

No comments: